If you are aware of any local business openings or closings, please let us know here.
PREVIOUS OPENING AND CLOSING
– Giant company chairman Nicholas Bertram will step down on August 31. John Ruane will take over as interim president.
– Reiki Balance will open September 9 at 529 Reading Ave. in West Reading.
– Alfie’s Kitchen near Sullivan Trail in Forks Township closed after five years.
— A four-story, 30,000-square-foot seniors’ residence from Easton Senior Living LLC is underway at 3701 Corriere Road in Palmer Township.
– The former Jacksonian Club on Main Street in Nazareth is now The Farm & Table restaurant with bowling alleys.
– Lehigh Valley Martial Arts opened its sixth location in the Easton Avenue mall which also houses a Giant grocery store in Bethlehem Township.
– Mind Matters Coaching, Counseling and Psychological Services is opening a new office in Upper Macungie on August 31.
– The Lower Macungie Planning Commission reviewed a sketch plan for a 54-acre mixed-use development near the Hamilton Crossings bypass.
– A developer is proposing a sweeping plan to repurpose the former Santander Bank building on Penn Street in Reading to include a hotel, apartments and restaurant.
–Oley Turnpike Dairy and its petting zoo have closed after serving Berks County for 52 years.
– Crossovers at Ambler Station have opened and are billed as ‘Ambler’s first apartments in 50 years’.
– A new Panera drive-thru restaurant will be added to the Tri-County Business Campus in Pottstown.